Full Stack Web Developer
Virtuance has an opening for a full-stack web developer in our Denver Headquarters to be instrumental in the architecture and development of user-experience focused online marketing tools for real estate professionals. You’ll have the opportunity to build industry leading functionality from the ground-up while also building upon our existing web applications and platforms. You’ll engage directly with our Lead Web Developer to lead the development of multiple new web applications to support Virtuance’s customers. Virtuance has a reputation for solving some of the industry’s most challenging problems, and this role will allow the right individual to be pivotal in the development of these exciting web-projects from beginning to end.
Virtuance is one of the nation’s leading providers of photography and visual marketing services to the real estate industry. We are the creators of HDReal®, our proprietary imaging software system which has changed the way that real estate agents market their properties. Check out our website for a comparison of our competitor’s images vs. our images. Although our image quality is unprecedented we don’t just take pretty pictures. Our solutions provide a quantifiable and compelling value proposition to real estate professionals, and we support our clients with a world-class user experience, both online and in person.
About the Job:
- You will be working side by side with our lead developer to add an exciting set of features to a new web application that we recently launched.
- You will be responsible for maintaining a complex website codebase and regularly adding functionality to our existing website.
- You will work directly with our Lead Developer with input from our sales and marketing teams to develop web applications and integrations with an emphasis on excellent UX.
The ideal candidate qualifications:
- Full stack development experience
- Proven track record of architecting and building complex web applications
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Ability to interface with multiple APIs across multiple web platforms
- Ability to successfully write and conduct tests on code prior to release
- Knowledge of Infusionsoft API is preferred
- You have a positive attitude and a willingness to do what it takes
About our existing web infrastructure:
Our existing systems are built primarily in PHP and sit on top of a WordPress framework.
We interface with mulitiple third party API edpoints, both server side (PHP) and client side (AJAX).
We utilize MySQL databases throughout.
Our core existing web application provides a membership experience to our customers, while interfacing with multiple proprietary as well as third party APIs to create a seamless and efficient UX.
You will be responsible for building a robust ecosystem of additional applications along with actively and regularly developing enhancements to our existing platform.
The Technical stuff:
We seek candidates with the following technical requirements:
- HTML – Working knowledge of html5 tags, valid markup to standards.
- CSS – Deep knowledge of CSS. Must be able to generate valid responsive CSS that will cross-browser down to IE 9 with graceful degradation.
- AJAX – The website/application uses extensive AJAX. Must be security minded, and be able to develop efficient endpoint. Most of the data schema is implemented with JSON. Must be able to provide fallback for failed calls and proper user notifications.
- PHP – Deep knowledge of PHP. No framework is used here other than tying into WordPress. Must be familiar with CURL. Must have a working knowledge of prepare statements and MySQLi best practices.
- WordPress CMS – Must be comfortable creating and maintaining WordPress plugins as they pertain to the application. Must understand WordPress development best practices and how to properly extend core functionality.
- REST/API/WebHooks – Must be able to write and maintain scripts that interface with third party endpoints. Both server side (PHP) and client side (AJAX).
- MySQL – Must be able to write native MySQL queries. Design and maintain MySQL databases. Must be familiar with and implement SQL injection prevention techniques.
- Linux – Must be able to properly set up CRON Jobs. Must be able to perform basic server-side command such as file permissions and data logging.
- Third Party Tooling – Should be familiar with the core products and APIs offered by Infusionsoft and Amazon S3.
What we offer you:
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Our employees are the foundation of our company, as such we provide a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental and long-term disability insurance and a generous matching 401k Plan. We also provide 3-weeks accrued PTO which grows with tenure.
- Founded in 2010, we have had uninterrupted growth, a proven track record for success and have maintained growing profitability each year. We have ambitious growth goals in the upcoming years.
- Currently among the leading providers of Real Estate Visual Marketing Solutions in Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, Minnesota, Georgia, and California markets.
- Team environment with an emphasis on a work-hard, play-hard & no excuses attitude.
- Entrepreneurial, ‘lean startup’ mentality with limitless potential for growth.
- Core team of 35 in Denver Headquarters in addition to a growing team of 150+ HDReal® photographers in the field across 22 states.