In the real estate industry, first impressions will either make or break you when it comes to winning business.
Preparation and branding is key to helping you stand out from your competition. We’ve put together a list of what we consider the 5 most important ways to improve your listing presentation and win that next listing:
1. Show up on time and always follow-up
This may seem like a no-brainer, but your first impression is extremely important. The homeowner is looking for a punctual go-getter, not an agent that is too busy, or too lazy, to honor their appointment time.
To round out the initial listing presentation, always follow up with a personalized note or a thoughtful gift. This small gesture leaves a big impact guaranteed to keep you top of mind.
2. Brand yourself
Establishing a strong brand recognition will help you stand out from other real estate agents. Here are a few ways to build your brand and grow your business in the real estate industry:
- Adhere to a specific color palette and font – Selecting a color palette and font that fits your brand is crucial. A well thought out color palette is one of the key drivers in brand identity and recognition for consumers.
“The most effective color choices go beyond just personal preference — because colors have an extraordinary ability to influence mood, emotions, and perception.” – Canva
Take some time when establishing your brand’s color palette and check out these great post from Canva on understanding color theory.
Similarly, choosing a typeface that you use across your branded content and marketing materials will further establish your brand identity.
“When a company is designing a brand identity, a consistent set of fonts must be used—each with a specific purpose. Typography lets you create a certain atmosphere and have a personality.” – Brand by Kelly
- Use professional photography for every listing – As you build your brand, you want to create a consistent brand identity. There are many benefits to using a real estate photographer to take images of your listings including more online traffic, more showings, and more offers. Another benefit is positioning yourself as a high-caliber real estate agent. Visuals are a great way to improve your listing presentation.
By showcasing your professionally photographed listings to a potential client, you are telling them that you see the value in high-quality marketing strategies for your business as well as theirs.
“With 96% of home buyers looking at houses online, the way you visually market your listings is critical to stand out from the crowd. The best way to differentiate yourself and get more showings is with professional real estate photography.” – Virtuance
Learn more about why real estate photography matters here.
- Get a professional headshot – Another way to brand yourself as a high caliber agent is to get professional headshots. Your headshot will be used on every listing flyer, on your personal website, on every third-party platform and on your social media pages like Facebook and Linkedin. For this reason, it is extremely important to have a professional high-resolution headshot to promote your brand.
“Your realtor headshot should be the keystone of your personal brand.” – FitSmallBusiness
Body language experts agree that the facial expression you use in your headshot will factor into how prospects view you. Are you competent? Trustworthy? Influential? These are all characteristics you can showcase with a professional headshot.
Learn more about how to nail your headshot here.
- Build a strong social media presence – Today, social media platforms act as portfolios for leading real estate agents. Building a strong social media presence will not only help gain exposure for your listings but will help establish your brand as innovative and forward-thinking. Try experimenting with different social media channels to see which one works best for you and your market.
These free digital listing templates are a great way to gain exposure and show potential clients the lengths you go to in order to sell your listings.
3. Be a champion for your community
Nothing makes a homeowner more nervous than an agent that doesn’t know what’s going on in their own market. It is important to understand your communities and neighborhoods in order to share the most recent statistics – yearly home sales, the average sales price to list price, number of homes taken off the market, upcoming construction and road work, etc.
Some agents even offer community statistics on their websites, which not only allows homeowners to see that they are knowledgeable about their market but encourages homeowners to do the same.
4. Design a comprehensive marketing plan
A marketing plan you show to clients is much preferred over saying you can sell their home. Homeowners want to see that you are proactive and organized in your strategies to get their house sold.
A professionally bound book with real estate photography from previous listings can really grab the homeowners attention while an updated marketing plan on your tablet can show the client what you have done most recently.
5. Listen to the needs of the homeowners
Homeowners have many choices on how to sell their home. This can include selecting different real estate agencies, agents within those agencies or even FSBO. At your listing presentation, pay close attention to the needs of the homeowner.
Take notes as you engage them with genuine follow-up questions. Selling a home is often times an emotional process, and the homeowners need to understand that you are on their side. The real estate business is a people business, after all.
Homeowners are ultimately seeking a confident agent who is passionate about the market, understands the community and is on their side, fighting hard for them. As you prepare for your next listing presentation, consider these five tips for success.
Are you ready to improve your listing presentation? Remember, arrive at your appointment on time and be prepared with your branded, marketing portfolio in hand ready for a win!